Friday, December 24, 2010

We Three Kings

Happy Christmas Eve to all! The lights and decorations are up, the carolers are out spreading holiday cheer and the overwhelming amount of cookies are filling my stomach... it is certainly putting me in the good Christmas spirit!
On Wednesday, I had the great pleasure of performing on stage with the 'Handel's Messiah Rocks' tour group at the Hershey Theatre. Although it is a rock show much like the Tran-Siberian Orchestra, this rendition of Handel's Messiah cantata was incredible! I could not believe the power in the music, singing and feeling of connection that I experienced. My favorite moment during the show was when we sang the Hallelujah Chorus and the entire audience was up and moving around feeding off of the energy that was in the theatre. I do recommend seeing it next year if you get the chance!
On another note, throughout this month, I have been taking a more in depth look at 'Christmas', not only at what it's all about, but how everything wraps together through various celebrations and traditions. With this, I have been asking friends how they commemorate the occasion and it's been fun sharing stories and what not.
Aside from this, I came across this really interesting article about the three wise men. We all know they are kings that came bearing gifts but this video discusses the mystery of who they were. Check it out!

Also, just for kicks:

Have a Merry Christmas!

0 comments:

Post a Comment